Thursday, October 18, 2012

Breast Cancer - My Story and Freebies

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer in February of this year. I found a lump in July or August of 2011. I convinced myself that the lump was scar tissue or possibly from drinking too much caffeine. I did not bother to get a mammogram.
In early February as I was showering, I again touched the lump and it was painful and a little larger than I remembered. I continued to check the lump each time I showered. After several days of checking, I knew it was time to see a doctor. And so my journey began.

I had a partial mastectomy in April. I finished my chemo in July. I completed 35 radiation treatments in mid-September. Cancer is a disease that often reinvents itself and alludes treatment. This is why research and early detection are so important. If you think you feel or sense changes in your breast, please don't be like me and make excuses, go get your mammogram IMMEDIATELY.
OK, enough of the heavy stuff.

This month A Muse Studio wants to give away 10,000 FREE Fight Like a Girl stamp sets.  I would love to give away as many sets as I can. Can you help me? You can get you free set through my webstore. (There is a $3 shipping and handling fee.) Please tell your friends about this freebie. This offer ends at 9PM October 31st. So get moving. Get this free stamp set and get your annual mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!