Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Countdown to Christmas




I didn't get the Christmas Spirit in 2010. I was a spectator, not an active participant.I didn't even send out Christmas cards last year. I am making progress with my Christmas Spirit AND cards for this year  Here are a couple of my favorite cards so far.
Stamp images, paper, twine, window bag, maple tag and washi tape are from A Muse Studios. Contact me at kentuckystamper@gmail.com for purchase info.
All the images are colored using Copic markers. Even the coloring on the maple tag. I love coloring with my Copic markers. I'm not a natural artist, but I am improving. I'm glad that I've not let my lack of natural talent get in the way of my love of coloring. My excitement for Copic markers compares the same feeling I had when I opened my first big 64 color box of Crayola Crayons. Copics are crayons for grown ups.
Here's brief information on the "not so obvious techniques" I used. The icicles on the tag and inside the clear window on the bag were created using the A Muse Studio Grass die cut. I added a sparkle effect by dabbing the "icicles" with a clear embossing pad and then poured on iridescent embossing powder. Used a heat tool to melt the embossing powder. Clear glue and glitter would give the same effect. The maple tag on the linen bag was stamped using the stamp set Vintage Christmas Postmarks and colored using Copics. Santa's beard was made with the most awesome white uni-ball gel pen. Washi tape is a color, patterned tape that mimics a ribbon. Washi tape is easy to use and can be lifted and repositioned if you need. Thanks for reading. Keep creating. **Note** A couple of you have mentioned that you are having problems commenting and/or viewing this blog. My intention is to allow everyone to view and make comments, but I can't figure out why my settings aren't working. I'll keep trying. Please be patient with me as I learn the ins and outs of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!